For two years running, Flying Horse has been voted BEST HOME DEVELOPMENT by the reader's of The Gazette. We are pleased to share that the Flying Horse family was nominated in several new categories for 2018. The nominations are as follows (sections are alphabetized by category i.e. CITY LIFE SECTION, BEST HOME DEVELOPMENT category):
CITY LIFE SECTION
We kindly ask for your vote for 2018. The voting ballot may be completed online and you can vote for as many or as few categories as you wish.
As published in The Gazette Springs Houses on January 20th 2018
Classic Homes presents charming, unique alley-load garage concept in The Village of Torino
Today and tomorrow mark the official opening weekend for Classic Homes’ Renaissance Collection in The Village of Torino at Flying Horse. Starting in the low 300’s, this new collection of homes has never been seen before in this award-winning master planned community; and people are flocking to call one of the five available plans home. Of the 53 home sites nestled in the southwest corner of Flying Horse, 20 are already under contract. Three two-story floorplans and two ranch floorplans bring enticing options to all.
The distinct charm of The Renaissance Collection in The Village of Torino at Flying Horse lies in its intimate neighborhood feel, featuring alley-load garages, and endearing front porches that overlook green communal space or the future planned park. From the inside-out, this community concept is aesthetically unique and architecturally stunning. The garages, all facing each other at the back of the homes, do not detract from the alluring front exterior architecture; and out the front door, instead of seeing cars pass by, you see inviting community spaces that beckon you to enjoy some sunshine and good company.
The Renaissance Collection affords the perfect home buying solution for a range of buyers – from the empty-nester looking to downsize; to the new family aspiring to enjoy first-class amenities and award-winning D20 schools; to the young professional looking for a sense of community; to the country-hopper looking for a second (or third) place to call home in colorful Colorado. The cozy front porches and charming neighborhood feel makes for a vibrant lifestyle. As a bonus, all homes in The Village of Torino include a coveted Social Fitness Membership to The Club at Flying Horse, so residents will quickly enjoy the social atmosphere.
It’s not just the neighborhood, but the homes themselves that bring joy and ease to residents. Classic Homes has been named the Best of the Springs Best Home Builder for 10 years running, and extends uncompromising dedication to its buyers’ needs, wants and visions. All of the homes in the Renaissance Collection include stucco and stone exteriors, granite slab or quartz countertops, oak cabinetry, Whirlpool® stainless steel kitchen appliances, ThermaTru® fiberglass entry door, and unfinished crawl space with 2 Rheem® Professional electric water heaters. Energy efficiency, quality and charm are central to the concept.
The two ranch plans consist of the 1,535 square foot Fresco plan and the 1,457 square foot Harmony plan; and the three two-story plans include the 1,762 square foot Genesis, the 1,615 square foot Millennium and the 1,854 square foot Tranquility. Each plan comes complete with beautiful, low-maintenance landscaping. The highly popular Fresco and Tranquility model homes are officially open for viewing on Volterra Way during this weekend’s open house and beyond.
Just minutes away from this special collection are the praise-worthy amenities. With its lush, 18-hole Tom Weiskopf Signature Golf Course, European resort-style Golf Clubhouse, an exquisite Steakhouse, and a world-class Athletic Club and Spa, the community affords an extraordinary lifestyle. The Golf Course itself is rated as one of the top 10 courses in Colorado, while the breathtaking Golf Clubhouse offers sweeping terraces, an open-air fireplace, a wine tower, private dining and event rooms, outdoor dining, and spectacular views of both the golf course and the mountains. And, coming soon, residents have an opportunity be part of the next chapter of Flying Horse with an all-new 18-hole Phil Smith Golf Course currently under construction in Flying Horse North.
But you don’t have to be a golf lover to indulge in a full range of amenities. The Athletic Club and Spa features a heated year-round 25 yard lap pool, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, group fitness classes, yoga and Pilates studio, state-of-the-art athletic equipment and much more. The Spa extends hair services, nail care, makeup services, body treatments, facials and massage therapy. Further, a concierge medical center, D20 Discovery Campus K-12 School, and Shoppes featuring food, convenience and retail pads make the community an all-inclusive haven for its residents.
Attend the open house today Saturday, January 20 or tomorrow, Sunday, January 21. You can also schedule a tour or simply walk in during regular office hours Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Sun. 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, call 719-888-3445, visit ClassicHomes.com/Torino or stop by 2057 Ripple Ridge Rd., Colorado Springs.
Posted by Adrianna E.
Today's new homes offer more benefits than ever before. Here's a quick list of the Top 10 reasons why so many home buyers prefer new homes to used houses:
1) Design Your Dream Home Your Way: Why settle for someone else's choices when you can select your favorite cabinets, countertops, appliances, carpets and flooring? While you're at it, you can choose gorgeous bath and kitchen fixtures, lighting and other options that you love. Your new home will reflect your style, not someone else's taste.
2) Choose a Floor Plan and Room Layout that Meets Your Needs: Want a master bedroom on the first floor? It's yours. With massive his and her's walk-in closets? Done! Want high ceilings and a luxurious, resort-style master bath? Perhaps you'd like a sitting room with a fireplace in your owner's suite or French doors that open to your private patio or the pool? It's easy, when you build your master suite your way.
3) All New, Under Warranty: A used home likely has tired products that may soon need replacing. Your new home — and the products that comprise it — are brand-new and under warranty. What's the cost to replace a roof, appliances, countertops or a water heater on a used home? Those components of your new home feature the latest designs and building materials and should offer you years of comfort and enjoyment before needing replacement.
4) Energy and Cost Savings: Today's new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built ten or 20 years ago, it's game over, advantage new.Why settle for drafty, energy-wasting single-pane windows in a used home? Many new homes offer double or even triple-pane windows. Special window coatings and inert gases between the layers of glass are often available, saving you even more energy and money in both heating and cooling season.
5) Comfort and Indoor Air Quality: Today's new homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past. They combine high-performance energy efficiency with state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration. The result is year-round, draft-free comfort and higher indoor air quality.
6) Low Maintenance: New cars today are computer-designed and computer-equipped. That's why they perform much more reliably than a car that's 15 or 20 years old. Homes are the same. Today's new homes have open floor plans and high ceilings that reflect the way we live today. They're also made of cutting-edge building products that require less care and maintenance. Another plus? The latest building systems and components are designed and engineered to work together.
7) Community Amenities: Many new homes are built in lavish master-planned communities with resort-style community centers, pools and clubhouses. Many new home communities also feature hiking trails, protected open lands and some of the best new schools and shopping near (or even within) your new home community.
8) Advanced Technology and Design: It's possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today's high-performance windows. It's also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it's very expensive to replace dated appliances, cabinets and countertops in a used home — and you still won't have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home. All are reasons to build your new home your way, to reflect the way you live today.
Posted by Kim S.
Classic Homes recently opened two brand new model homes in The Village of Molise! The San Isabel and Telluride models are located side-by-side at 2186 & 2196 Villa Creek Circle, just off Flying Horse Club Dr. and Ravenswood Dr.
Colorful…quaint…relaxing. There are so many ways to describe The Village of Molise – Classic Homes’ newest neighborhood village in Flying Horse. But there’s more to this one-of-a-kind, paired-patio-home community than just a pleasant demeanor. Not only is it carefree living at its finest—with fully maintained landscaping and snow removal—the stucco-stone-and-tile roof exteriors evoke an understated, Colorado charm. The paired-patio homes in The Village of Molise offer optional finished basements and 2 and 3 car garages are available. With only 40 available lots and patio homes priced priced from the $330s to the $370s, more than 20 of these homes are already under contract. All homes in The Village of Molise include a coveted Social Fitness Membership to The Club at Flying Horse, so making new friends in this new village goes without saying. To learn more about The Village of Molise, please visit www.ClassicHomes.com/Molise.
Posted by Kim S.
Stay Connected With The HOA.
The Flying Horse HOA Board of Directors approved the addition of two new seats for homeowner representation on the Board. The Board unanimously approved the appointment of Gary Manning and Karen Sawyer to the Flying Horse Board of Directors, effective November 11, 2014. In addition, Dr. Michael Anthony was recently elected to the HOA board at the Annual Membership Meeting.
Dr. Michael Anthony joins the Board of Directors as Secretary. He holds a Ph.D. in Non-profit Management, and as a University Professor he has taught non-profit courses for the past 28 years. His extensive experience includes serving as President of the Board of Directors for his previous HOA in California, as well as serving as a Board Member for 13 different non-profit organizations. Dr. Anthony enjoys building a sense of Community with the other homeowners and is ready to serve and contribute to his Community.
Karen Sawyer joins the Board of Directors as Director, with over 35 years of experience in healthcare. She holds a Master’s Degree in Nursing, and continues to participate in a variety of volunteer opportunities. She is currently a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, as well as a Flight Nurse. In addition to managing a large nursing unit, she has volunteered and held several offices within many non-profit organizations. Mrs. Sawyer strives to be an active member and leader in the Community. With her varied experience and skills she will bring a unique perspective and approach to the Board of Directors. Mrs. Sawyer resides in the Village of Calistoga
with her husband of 35 years, and their two children.
The Board of Directors approved the following officer appointments for 2015.
Vice President ..............Jerry Richardson
Treasurer........................ Gary Manning
Secretary................Dr. Michael Anthony
Director.......................... Karen Sawyer